News

12 -12- 2015 CAN BE NOT ONLY HISTORIC DAY BUT A GREAT DAY FOR HUMANITY

SAYS PRESIDENT HOLLANDE

COP21 at Bourget (Source: Rahma Sophia Rachdi)
President Francois Hollande COP21
(Source: Rahma Sophia Rachdi)
USPA NEWS - "The December 12, 2015 can be not only a historic day but a great day for humanity. It can be a message of life and I will be personally happy, almost relieved, I will be very proud that that message be launched in Paris, because Paris was wounded there just a month, day for day" President Hollande.
Christiana Figueres Quote
Source: Courtesy of UNFCCC
The December 12, 2015 can be not only a historic day but a great day for humanity. The December 12, 2015 can be a message of life and I will be personally happy, almost relieved, I will be very proud that that message be launched in Paris, because Paris was wounded there just a month, day for day, stated President Hollande at COP21 closing.------------------------ “So ladies and gentlemen, France asks, France implore you to take the first universal agreement on the climate of our history. It is rare to have in a lifetime opportunity to change the world, you have this occasion, to change the world. Seize it for the planet to live, long live to humanity and long live the life.“ President Hollande Said.-------------------------------------------------- PARIS AGREEMENT CAPTURES ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS TO DRIVE ACTION FORWARD-------------------------------- The Paris Agreement and the outcomes of the UN climate conference (COP21) cover all the crucial areas identified as essential for a landmark conclusion: “¢ Mitigation ““ reducing emissions fast enough to achieve the temperature goal “¢ A transparency system and global stock-take ““ accounting for climate action “¢ Adaptation ““ strengthening ability of countries to deal with climate impacts “¢ Loss and damage ““ strengthening ability to recover from climate impacts “¢ Support ““ including finance, for nations to build clean, resilient futures As well as setting a long-term direction, countries will peak their emissions as soon as possible and continue to submit national climate action plans that detail their future objectives to address climate change. This builds on the momentum of the unprecedented effort which has so far seen 188 countries contribute climate action plans to the new agreement, which will dramatically slow the pace of global greenhouse gas emissions. The new agreement also establishes the principle that future national plans will be no less ambitious than existing ones, which means these 188 climate action plans provide a firm floor and foundation for higher ambition. Countries will submit updated climate plans ““ called nationally determined contributions (NDCs) ““ every five years, thereby steadily increasing their ambition in the long-term.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Climate action will also be taken forward in the period before 2020. Countries will continue to engage in a process on mitigation opportunities and will put added focus on adaptation opportunities. Additionally, they will work to define a clear roadmap on ratcheting up climate finance to USD 100 billion by 2020------------------------------------------------------------------ This is further underlined by the agreement´s robust transparency and accounting system, which will provide clarity on countries´ implementation efforts, with flexibility for countries´ differing capabilities. Source UNFCCC
Al Gore Segolene Royal COP21
Source: Rahma Sophia Rachdi
Final Agreement COP21
Media Center Pres Room COP21

more information: https://I am correspondent based in France, registered and empowered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I am wheelchair bound, and work on my own, without any assistant, nor photographer, working under my name. The law punishes the identity theft.

Liability for this article lies with the author, who also holds the copyright. Editorial content from USPA may be quoted on other websites as long as the quote comprises no more than 5% of the entire text, is marked as such and the source is named (via hyperlink).